Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy One Month, Little One!

I. Can. Not. Believe. It.

Emily is a month old today. Y'all, this hurts me! And yet, I'm also thrilled that we, well, mainly I, survived it, with minimal scarring. I'm sad that the first month has come and gone, but at the same time, we're one month closer to: sleeping through the night, sitting up, rice cereal, the first smile, and real human interaction. The babies don't do a whole lot of 'give' for the first few weeks, they're all about 'take.'


I've made it my goal this time around to not 'wish' her little life away. By that I mean, I don't want to put all my energy into the 'can't wait til she can do ___.' I want to enjoy the now, without being distracted by what's to come in the future. I feel like I did so much of that with Andrew, that I wanted to make an honest, conscious effort this time.


So, in honor of the Little Miss' Birthday, here are some photos of her on her 'throne', i.e. the recliner. Hey, wherever she sleeps, is where she sleeps....

**A disclaimer for those of you (Mom...) who are thinking, "You left a baby in the recliner?!" She was in the back corner, wedeged in with pillows (nowhere near her face, mind you), AND I put the footrest up, so the seat was tilted so far back that the only way she could fall out is if she suddenly gained control of her head, gained control of her back, gained enough muscle in her arms and stomach to lift herself, and suddenly learned to crawl. So please don't call DFACS on me.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

so sweet! It is so easy to wish those first few months away...for me too at least...but how quickly that time does go and you'll never get it back. It's a sweet time. She is PRECIOUS!

LB said...

Jenny--I am with you. In one minute I am thinking, I can't wait until...and in the next minute I am trying to memorize every sound he makes, the newborn smells, and the way his body curls up like he's still in the womb.