Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Things I Am Thankful For

In light of Thanksgiving Day, I decided to make a list of things that I am thankful for. We often spend so much time harping on things that are going wrong or complaining about things we don't have. I'm hoping that I'll post this list, and when I start to get caught up in the Christmas mayhem (and we all know I will) I can come back to this and remind myself to be grateful and humbled. A little scripture to set the mood:

I Thessalonians 5:16-18
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."


Things I Am Thankful For:
*Christ's love for me.
*My family, who loves me unconditionally.
*A house that we can still make payments on (in light of the whole mortgage crisis).
*A house that is warm - by our standards, warm, though it's hard to heat an un-insulated house. However, there are people (such as our neighbors) who can't afford the heat.
*A healthy, happy little boy, who, in spite of his streak on independance, loves me and needs me (though he needs me a little less every day).
*My husbands job; a constant paycheck is a luxury many don't have; and the ability for me to stay at home during Andrew's early years.
*Food on the table...good, hot, nutritious food. (And a side thanks to the Grocery Game, y'all, seriously, I've cut 50 bucks off my weekly grocery bill!)
*The support of an extended family and friends.


And the list can go on and on, but I felt these were the biggest, most important things I'm thankful for. Sure, we could use more money or more clothes or a nicer car, but in truth, we have all we need in Christ alone, and He sees to it that we have what we need.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! What are YOU thankful for?

No comments: