Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Baking Day

Today is baking day at the house. Not sure why, just decided today was a good day to bake! I'm making a batch (or two, if they turn out well) of whole-wheat french bread rolls. I got the recipe from here. So far, so good! They're in the first rise stage. Mind you, I don't knead my dough. I take the easy way out and use my bread machine to do that for me.

After the rolls go in the oven, I'm making whole wheat bread. I found this recipe on Money Saving Mom's website. I've done bread before, but I've never been satisfied with it. I tried her
recipe for the bread, and it was fantastic! It tasted good, and most of all importance to me, it slices very well! Here's her recipe : Bread

I'm thinking I might try to make a commitment to making my own bread. A loaf of bread can cost us anywhere from $1.50 (on sale) to $2.00. I can buy my flour, and all other ingredients, for around $6. And that $6 worth of ingredients will yield me many many loaves of bread. It's not hard to do, and it is probably healthier for me!

Today Andrew ate a PB&J sandwich for lunch. But it wasn't just any 'ol PBJ. It was on homemade bread, with homemade blueberry jam I made last summer. Now if I could only grow my own peanuts, and make my own peanut butter.....

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I hope ya'll get better soon!!! Glad your mom is there to help...being sick mommy alone is miserable!!