Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

When It Rains, It Pours

We're stranded. In Atlanta.

Andrew and I came down to Mom's house for the weekend, for a "girls weekend." My friend Heather and her 9 month old son Brady (Bray-bee, as Andrew says) met us down here, for a little getaway. We had planned on watching girlie movies, going out to eat, relaxing, etc. But we all know that when things get planned, things go wrong.

By the time Saturday rolled around, Andrew was sick, Brady wasn't napping, I was having a bad stuffy nose, and Heather was having allergy issues. Andrew had a fever of 104.3 on Saturday night, and didn't sleep at all...which means neither did my mom or I. Brady also woke up with a fever. Brady and Heather left Sunday morning, to make sure that they got home before the storms.

We decided to take Andrew to the children's urgent care in Peachtree City on Sunday afternoon. He has an ear infection, bronchitis, and could possibly have pneumonia, but they're not sure. He's on two antibiotics and another steroid he has to take with a nebulizer. Poor fella! We were originally going to go back to South Carolina on Monday, but since Andrew hadn't had a full 24 hours of antibiotics, we decided to stay an extra day.

Then, I woke up late last night to extreme chills, I mean, I was freezing. It turns out I had a high fever too, and my ears are hurting and I'm coughing up a lung. This morning my dad had knee surgery. My mom was up at the hospital with him, so as soon as they got home and we got my dad set up, I went to the doctor. I have acute bronchitis, and the nurse pretty much said that I had pneumonia, but that they didn't need to do a chest x-ray to confirm. So, I'm on the very same antibiotics that Andrew is! We're staying another day, because I was too sick to drive (and Andrew too sick to ride).

The good news is that dad's surgery went well! He's propped up in the recliner watching Glenn Beck, and yelling at the t.v., so he's not feeling that bad :) However, the kitchen resembles a pharmacy, with Andrew's, Dad's, and my medicines sprawled out. The bright side is, at least I'm here, where my mom can watch Andrew while I try to recouperate. If I'd been at home, I'd be a miserable, sick mommy with a miserable, sick child.

Hopefully, by this time tomorrow, we'll be home. And a very lonely daddy can see his very favorite little boy.

What was supposed to be a relaxing, 4 day weekend with the girls has turned into the weekend of hospitals and drugs. We have a small pharmacy operating out of the kitchen right now.

1 comment:

Pogue Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your weekend turned into doctor visits and medicines. I hope you and Andrew get to feeling better soon!!