Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Got Expired Coupons? Check this out!

If you are anything like me, you HATE throwing away coupons! I mean, somebody, somewhere, would have used it! And I really hate it when they expire before I can use them. So, here's a way you can help others by passing the coupons you either don't use, or ones that are expired on!
Military bases and posts will accept expired coupons for up to 6 months after they expire! And, as an Army child, I know that being in the military can sometimes be tough on the wallet, especially if a spouse is deployed. In many cases, the spouse at home has to leave his/her job to take care of the children while the other spouse is overseas. And living on one income can be especially taxing (no pun intended!) overseas where some products are outrageously more expensive than here in the USA.
This website has a list of different military installations where you can send your expired/unused coupons. All it costs you is an envelope and a slightly more expensive stamp.
My goal is to cut EVERY coupon (even the ones I won't use) out, and send what I don't use overseas. It's better than throwing it in the trash!

http://www.ocpnet.org/base_list.htm

No comments: