Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This Week's Menu

This week we didn't have to buy groceries! Thanks to the Grocery Game and all my stockpiling, we were able to just buy perishables (mainly milk and yogurt) this week. Those first couple of weeks after Christmas are rough on the wallet, so I decided this week would be our week to use what we've stocked up on. So, for the entire menu, I only had to buy a gallon of milk!

Monday: Honey Baked Chicken, Broccoli & Rice, Mashed Potatos, and Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
Tuesday: Spaghetti, Garlic Bread
Wednesday: Hashbrown Casserole, Biscuits, Scrambled Eggs
Thursday: Meatloaf, Corn on the Cob, Green Bean Casserole, Whole Wheat Biscuits
Friday: Chicken Broccoli & Brown Rice Casserole, Mashed Potatos, Peas
Saturday: Soup & Grilled Cheese
Sunday: Leftovers!

So you can see that by stockpiling, I'm not just storing up stuff like chips and junk food. I have enough (and then some) to make a week's worth of good, nutritious, filling food. If I got creative, I could probably stretch it for two weeks. Seriously, y'all, THE GROCERY GAME!

No comments: